Greetings, Magnetos! The MIT (Yes, that MIT) Beaver Works Summer Institute (BWSI) is a rigorous, world-class STEM program for motivated high school student . This four-week virtual program teaches STEM skills through project-based, workshop-style courses.
The Beaver Works Summer Institute is pleased to announce that they will have 13 virtual program offerings for summer 2022. To begin the process of pre-qualifying to apply for the summer institute, students will work through a series of prerequisite self-paced units. Participation and performance in the online curriculum during the winter (starting in early February) will be one of the metrics used to determine acceptance into the 4-week program being held in July 2022, which will be taught over the summer at a higher level and will address more research-oriented technologies, techniques, tools, and applications. Check out the summer offerings and program info here: BWSI Pamphlet/Brochure
We’ve had quite a few Magnetos and other CHS students over the last few years take advantage of the MIT BWSI, which is a pretty remarkable experience from what I can gather. Spend a month over the summer working with MIT professors and motivated students from all over the U.S. doing super cool science stuff? Sounds like a winner to me. Anyone interested?
- They are attending high school in US or US citizen abroad
- They have demonstrated technical ability (evidenced by recommendations from school ofcials, test scores, coursework, grades, and extracurricular activities)
- They have completed the lessons in the online tutorial for their desired project
- Online course starts February 2022 (prerequisite in order to apply to the July program)
- Virtual BWSI runs July 11 – August 7 2022*
- To get more information about the program and application process: https://beaverworks.ll.mit.edu/CMS/bw/BWSI
- Nominate yourself here: Student Self-Registration Link