Camas High School MST students and others competed in the Southwest Washington Science and Engineering Fair this past weekend at Skyview High School in Vancouver, WA. They did very well! We’re still finalizing the details and exact titles of the awards, but here’s what we have so far (we will update as needed with corrections …).
- Rahul Ram (individual) and the team of Gareth Starratt and Julian McOmie (LiDAR) won Best in Fair and were awarded all-expense paid trips to the International SEF in Phoenix, AZ., May 12-17. Ram won first in Microbiology (the students thought), and Gareth and Julian won first in Robotics and Intelligent Machines.
- Andrew Kim won first in Environmental Engineering and Best in Category for his project looking at using mussels to filter out pharmaceuticals from marine environments. He will be competing at the state SEF at the end of this month.
- Alexis Williams, Amy Rude, and Megana Kommareddy won second in Environmental Engineering, a sustainability award, and the Women in STEM award. They will be competing at state as well.
- Jaden Le, Alex Gee, and Joey Stanley won third in Environmental Engineering and the Renewable Systems award. They will also be competing at state.
- Michael Lee, Ben Saunders, and Tyler Stanley won first in Engineering Mechanics, Best in Category, and were finalists for Best in Fair. They will be competing at state.
- Monica Chang won first in Biochemistry and the Naval Service Award.
- Tyler Gee won first in Systems Software, and a Navy award and Intel award in computer science (but he wasn’t sure about those titles).
Congratulations, Magnetos! See the full write up here: https://goo.gl/DRHcMx