Greetings, Magnetos! The MIT (Yes, that MIT) Beaver Works Summer Institute (BWSI) is a rigorous, world-class STEM program for talented students who will be entering their senior year in high school. The four-week program teaches STEM skills through project-based, workshop-style courses.
We’ve had about 6 Magnetos over the last few years take advantage of the MIT BWSI, which is a pretty remarkable experience from what I can gather. Spend a month living on campus at MIT in Boston doing super cool science stuff? Sounds like a winner to me. Anyone interested? If so and you’re serious about doing the pre-req mods over the winter and applying to BWSI for the summer, I’d be happy to recommend you, which is what they’ve asked me to do (be the point of contact for you and this program …). So if that’s you, send me an email to let me know you’re interested and/or stop by and see me in room 710 at CHS.
P.S. You might also talk to MST seniors Odessa and Bailey if you want more info. They have firsthand insight on this awesome experience.
- They are attending high school in US or US citizen abroad and are currently juniors rising to senior status after this year.
- They have demonstrated technical ability (evidenced by recommendations from school officials, test scores, coursework, grades, and extracurricular activities)
- They have completed the lessons in the online tutorial for their desired project
- Online course starts January 2020 (prerequisite in order to apply to the on-site portion of the program)
- On-site BWSI runs July 6 – August 2, 2020
- To get more information: https://beaverworks.ll.mit.edu/CMS/bw/BWSI